Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yep....A Little Progress....

This will be a short and sweet post....just wanted to let you know that it seems that my muse is back, alive and well.....niggling me with more ideas....just what I needed, right?
This morning, after that long, long post from last night, it didn't take long before I was sketching in more flowers, from memory, into this little watercolor I started back in April.  The black and blue salvia and the brown-eyed susans have both come into bloom, along with bee balm (don't know if I'll try to tackle but I may take a picture and try it....stick a couple in somewhere...to go along with the purple coneflower and the butterfly bush blooms I had sketched back in the spring from memory.
I guess my point is that I am feeling the love of the brush in my hand, mixing the colors, fixing little things here and there.  It feels good to let some of this bottled-up creativity flow through the paint onto the paper...really good!  So I just wanted to share where I've gotten to with this little painting...still a work in progress...hopefully tomorrow there will be more to see, more to do...
And then there's this sketch I started at the beach last year of a seagull....I think I have enough photos to use to help me finish the sketch and paint it...also have some mermaids to conjure for a dear friend...want to make her a mermaid picture and also one painted on fabric and used for a bag...and a yoga mat bag for another friend...already picked out the fabrics...
I'd say my muse is perking up again....I just want to thank the universe for sending this tired soul a renewed sense of self and of how much I love making something out of nothing...maybe that's why the idea of proceeding with GoodKharmaFarm is just as appealing...starting with tiny seeds and making food to feed the hungry, along with so many other useful things...I guess my muse was just as overwhelmed with everything as I have been...maybe now we can get something done!  Peace to you....till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment