Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Little Bit of This...A Little Bit of That....


I tell you, I've been trying to get back to this blog all week....its just been one thing after a thousand...but here I am...

I have been working on my watercolor Buddha..he's starting to look like a pretty handsome guy!  The way that the statue has weathered has been challenging to represent, especially considering the medium and the fact that it is being painted on fabric...a lot of variables...but I am making it my own so he is turning out well I think...there is so much layering and it gets a bit intense, so I don't work on him all the time...but he's coming along nicely!


I have also gotten back to my yellow bird poster; I've been working on her shading and feathers and such, and also on the branches...the corkboard is kind of difficult...sometimes the paint goes in a direction or makes thicker lines than I want....so it is yet another interesting project...I have started the first layer of the lettering, too.  This one is done with acrylic paint so has a totally different feel of control or lack thereof.  It is an interesting contrast to the watercolor Buddha, that's for sure...but she is starting to sing....and I think in the end she will be quite a lovely creature with such a lovely message...so I work on her every day in some way or another.

 On the GoodKharmaFarm gardening front, I have harvested some of my first planting of beets, and I have tons of strange tomatoes and now I'm getting cucumbers (they are so delicious...it's almost sinful!), zucchini, and yellow squash.  I think my second planting of those lovely breakfast radishes will be ready soon.  We have been getting rain on a daily basis so things are just growing faster than I can keep up, especially trying to trellis the cucumbers and the gourds..I will be going and working on the gourds as soon as the shade hits their garden bed... above is a picture of a wee baby birdhouse gourd...    





I will be starting to work on a butterfly picture that I started last year, and I will also be doing a couple of other butterflies...possibly it will turn into a series of some sort...who knows?  I just know that they always bring me joy...watching them do their thing....I plant flowers specifically for them...yesterday I actually got a couple of pictures of a "baby" monarch...up until now I have only seen one Monarch, and have been wondering if they were ever going to show up...but this young one...so cute...doesn't have the blue spots yet and has a very well-defined 'tail'....hopefully you can see from the picture...I'll be looking for this one and trying to watch it mature...kind of my own little science project, you know!     
                                                                                                          

So that's what I've been doing...not nearly as much as I'd like, but other things (mostly being a shuttle service) have taken much time away from the things that I love to do.  Also, I spent a little time with one of the other facets of GoodKharma...GoodKharmaServices....which involved some serious cat-sitting....which is always okay, especially since I was able to help out a dear friend when she needed it desperately.  So I got caught up on my favorite HGTV shows and the beasties watched along with me..here are three of them...fourth guy is on my lap...and the tabby in the chair is blind, so he's just listening....they are a joy to be around...lots of comic relief!                                                                                                                                                                                           I am going to get to work on some painting now...my yellow bird, Buddha, and butterflies are calling me...I have the house to myself for the rest of the day so I should take advantage of such a gift.  I will keep you updated with my progress and all things GoodKharma!!  Have a peaceful day....




No comments:

Post a Comment