Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Art of Completion

Wow, I know! Three days in a row...
I am so thrilled to have finished my little watercolor of summertime blossoms...started in the spring and set aside....well, it is done...and I just wanted to share it with you...still have to take a trip to the Scrap Exchange and find a mat and frame...then I will decide what to do with it...keep, sell, give, donate...I know the universe will furnish me with a sign soon enough...
Anyway, here it is....

The flowers included, from left to right, purple verbena, brown-eyed susans, pink and lavender butterfly bush blossoms, purple coneflower, red bee balm, black & blue salvia, and red yarrow. I added some grass at the bottom and somehow managed to get a light blue sky in there, after the fact.  I guess I don't do many things in the right order, but, hey, it would be hard to change such habits, and I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun or learn nearly as much as I do from the things I create...
This week I will work on my seagulls...I had started a sketch over a year ago and have since taken quite a few pictures during various visits to the beach that will help me recreate and enhance what I started.  I do remember that the original gull flew away mid-sketch and so I would be having to wing anyway.  
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I forgot how much fun this is...all of it...so glad my muse decided to join me again.  We have so much to do and make and plant and pick...have a peaceful and beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment