Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Sucker for the Little Girls...

I don't know, I guess just the fact that I had two sons and no daughters, makes me enchanted by little girls.  It has become a great joy for me to see them want the clothes that I have re-created, not to mention when I get to see them try something on and fall in love with it!
Today at the market I met four young/little girls.  Two were local, and two were visiting from out of state.  So the youngest of the two out-of-towners picked out a top and her mom bought it for her.  She was having a fit to go to the bathroom and change so that she could wear it immediately (more feeling good for me!!!).  The two local girls' mother wasn't around, so they had to watch as their friend got such a nice present.
Well, they went on their way, and I was a little shocked when they came back  Apparently the girl's bigger sister ended up with the top, she liked it and actually was wearing it at this point.  So they were back to get the last girls' top that I had for the younger girl.
So as the mom was writing me another check, I decided to offer the girls their pick of the gift bags that I had displayed in a basket on the table.  Well, the two local girls came into my booth and saw their friends getting these little bags, and were asking how much they cost, their parents were not around.  I decided that the best thing for me to do was to let them also pick out a bag and it was my treat!  They were so taken aback.  It made me feel so good, and also I think I realized that there are a lot of people, young, old, and in between, that are so unused to an act of kindness and generosity.
I had another opportunity at generosity today, as someone was looking for a gift for a friend, but didn't have much to spend.  She asked me if I had any less expensive bags.  Well, I started talking to her about what her friend liked, what she did for a living, and such, and we looked at some bags that I thought would be a style that she could use in her work.  I gave this nice lady a deep discount so that she could get a nice gift for her friend.  It was uplifting for me to get to do something nice for someone who was trying to do something nice for someone, too.  I am not trying in any way to be boastful.  I'm just relating the importance of being open to the universe, letting the love and light shine through you and share it with others in whatever ways you can.

It was a good day, a special day.....a day at the market...I'm still smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment