Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good Things...

I guess only a perfectionist (not me) or a masochist (not me) or me would consider more work, considerably more work, than the original task a good thing.  I am working hard this week to get my etsy.com store and my website store up to date with my actual inventory, much of which has never made it past the craft market or my Facebook page. In this process I am measuring, describing, and photographing all of these items.  What a great time to go over each item and look for things that need a little repair here or there, or a little wash, or in some cases, a complete resewing (removing hand stitches and replacing with machine stitches (smoother and stronger).  A couple of items will just disappear, as the base garment has developed a major issue, making it wiser just to strip off the embellishments and find them a new home, and recycle the base garment into a bag lining or handle or whatever.
So I have my work cut out for me.  I have finished the pre-listing processes for all of the garments and will get the pics edited and all put on etsy today, tonight, tomorrow.  I will also start working on the repairs.  Hopefully will have it all ready to list on goodkharmarethreads.com by the end of the week, or Monday, at the latest.
I also have to do the same thing with the bags.  I will start on them tomorrow.  I'm sure I will find a few things that need fixing with the bags, too.  They are probably less likely to need much, since they are mostly newer and also made to be used...rough and tough...and pretty!  They are, unfortunately, much harder to photograph than clothing.  So capturing each bag and all of its unique features will be the booger here.  I'm in a good place with it all, though.  Felt resigned at first, but now just peaceful and grateful and glad to be taking this time out to do these not-so-fun but important labors of love.
I will let you know how it goes...and when you can see everything on line!!
Maybe I'll document the deconstruction and reconstruction of an item as I take it from its original hand-sewn place to the much neater and stronger machine-sewn condition.  Could be interesting....peace to you till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment