Monday, November 26, 2012

Getting Ready....

Well, sorry I haven't been blogging, but I have been busy with holidays and kids and travel...and taking a little time off from sewing in the process.  It was really nice to have a break, and not take my work with me on my mini-vacation/buying trip...a first in a long, long time.
Yesterday I spent much time in my studio, straightening, refolding, culling, reshelving...I am probably half-way with the reorganization.  It is amazing how messed up things can get, and how many things I forget that I have until I start going through things again.  I have a little less than two weeks until our Durham Craft Market Holiday Market, so I will be working pretty much non-stop until then.  So I guess I have been getting ready to get ready for the Market.
Its hard, too...as I straighten things out I see even more things that I want to make, knowing that I can't make everything I want to in two weeks.  But I'll be putting stuff on etsy.com as well, so I can keep my creative stream going indefinitely.
So I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm still here.  I will post some pics later this week of what I am working on at the time.
Hope you all shop small business and local business and give unique gifts this holiday season....it is my livelihood, but also, it is the backbone of our nation, and we all need to remember that, and remember that there is usually little thought given to a gift from a big box store or chain, much less any originality.
Thanks for checking in with me...much peace and love to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment