Sunday, March 24, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

I tell you what, I have had enough of this winter....and it has not been a 'bad' one, but more like a rollercoaster of cold rain and wind and a day or two of fake spring, then back to cold rain and wind.  Not the best climate for a person like me...but I don't let it get me down for long....
I have been working on some clothes....
finally!!  I know that these photos aren't the best...I am using my phone,  as my separation from my husband didn't include custody of the camera (it was not a good camera anyway, and so no worries!!).   
So the dress in the middle of this picture looks completely awful, and is very, very cute when on a shape...I promise!  I was just in a hurry to get proof that I had indeed been doing something productive...silly! I know!
The black dress on the left is a plus size, as is the turquoise tunic on the right.  I plan to make plenty of plus size creations this year.  I feel that it is a niche that needs filling with some attractive and original fashions that don't look like feed sacks and don't make the wearer look bigger or like they are wearing a feed sack.  As I hover in the 'in-between-sizes' place, between plus and regular (sounds like I'm talking gasoline!) I can appreciate the need for flattering clothing of all sizes.  I have alot of ideas to try out, and a whole closet full of raw material to choose from.  
So I just really wanted to let the world know that I'm back in business, back in work, have rejoined the world, etc.  I will be working as much as is humanly possible to prepare for the first day of the Durham Craft Market 2013, which is Saturday, April 6th.  I hope it will be really spring by then....
And here is my latest creation...sorry for the picture quality...it is a dark aubergine linen with a removable belt (could also be used on the head as a scarf or wrap).  The large applique'd piece was lowered before I sewed it on (pinned in picture) because I felt it looked too close to waistline with belt on.  So the picture did serve to show me what I needed to change.  And this is also my sewing cubby, in my studio-bedroom combination.  I am quite fond of my new workspace and living space, too.  It feels so like home and I get great joy from watching the gazillion squirrels in the yard party down every day.  They are wild and funny and drive the cats just crazy! which is also fun to watch!  
I will be posting again this month with some more new fashions and hopefully some bags as well.  I took all of my 'new' bags to the Karma Boutique a few weeks back, so I have many bags to make before April 6th....which I will try to get to this coming week...so stay tuned!
Most of all,  may peace (and the force) be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment